Thursday, July 30, 2009

Our trip to... Peoria!

We decided to take a week and head up to Peoria (it's only an hour away but who cares right?). It was close enough that Andy and I could go up and spend two nights alone (thanks a ton Meredith) then we could go get the kids and bring them back up with us. We stayed in a great resort called Cibola Vista. There was plenty of room for all of us to stay comfortably and there was a kitchen which is always nice with the whole family. Our room was right by the pool entrance so one of us could take the kids swimming while the other stayed in while Zac napped.
The first night with the kids we took them to Rubio's. It was Taco Tuesday after all, which meant the fish tacos were super cheap. I was amazed at how well they ate them. Hayden ate two tacos on his own while Zac even ate all of the fish out of one taco. They have been asking to go back ever since, I think we can accommodate that request! We fed the whole family for 12 dollars and that included a huge pile of Guac and chips! Not to mention 3 free churros, yum!

After Rubio's we headed to Color Me Mine for some pottery painting. Brynley painted a cute fat dog while Hayden painted a surf board to match his room. The kids had a lot of fun and loved picking up their creations when they were done.
More on the trip to follow...

3 comments:

christine said...

FUn for you guys! Glad you got away! Loving your new family picture by the way. let me know when you need a massage. I need the practice and I remember you said you would want one. :)

Maddy said...

Fun trip! I love that you brought your kids up for a few days.

Jana said...

I think I got most excited that you guys had Rubios!! I love and miss Rubio's fish tacos. So glad you had a great vaca!! and some fish tacos ;)