Thursday, July 30, 2009

15 Months - And finally walking!

Our little Zachar Man had his 15 month appointment yesterday. Here are his stats:
22 lbs. Even - 13th percentile
31 inches long - 60th percentile

This means Zac has gained 3 pounds since surgery, 5 weeks ago. This is amazing for him and I am so happy and proud of my little boy! He has gone from the 3rd percentile in Weight and the 20th percentile for height to the current stats above. He is also walking... He has been taking steps between Andy and I for about the last week but now he will venture off on his own. It is so stinkin cute, he leads with his right foot so he walks very crooked and sometimes in a full circle. He has got a great appetite and will eat anything now - well still not many fruits and veggies but he's getting better. For so long he has hated eating and now he loves it! He has not vomited even once since surgery and he has had no constipation, we haven't had to give him his constipation meds at all!
Zac also got his first haircut - long story short I was going to use the clippers with a super long attachment to still keep some length but the clippers died so I had to use scissors and let's just say the bangs are a huge embarrassment. Andy said he looks like Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber. It's really sad but his hair was getting so long I couldn't do a mohawk anymore and it looked lame to slick it to the side. So now I don't know what to do. I think if I just do a mohawk everyday for awhile the hair will grow out a bit. The back of his hair looks great however!


He dug the sucker for sure!


This is Zac every time he wants me or something from me. I post this to give you all a good look at the terrible bangs.


Walking down the hall

Walking in the family room. He pretty much fell every time he noticed the camera so this is the best I could get.

7 comments:

Ang said...

He is such a doll! I'm so glad things are going well for him. He looks GREAT!!!

Meredith said...

Oh man - how cute!!! Kate is getting her brave on too...still only 1-2 steps though. We love Zac and are so proud of him for growing up - in more ways than one!

christine said...

I can't believe he is walking. He looks so big! So stinkin cute Molly!

Sarah said...

I am so behind with blogging as well. I'm so glad that Zac is gaining weight and that he is eating well. That is awesome! Max is finally walking although I am yet to post anything about it- I don't even know if I have any pictures of it. How sad is that?

Your vacation looks like a ton of fun- so far! Can't wait to hear about the rest of it!

Maddy said...

HOORAY! I love it. And I'm so glad he's gaining weight so fast. WOW! Luke's 2 month is on Tuesday. I'm so nervous!

The Evans Family said...

Way to go Zac! Those stats are amazing, it shows how far he has come. That's great.

Myers Mayhem said...

I've done the dumb and dumber look multiple times with parker. Clip his bangs with the scissors held vertically and point cut them a bit, it will help! I'm so glad to hear how much his surgery has helped! Way to go Zac!