Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Our baby boy is here!!!

Zachary Stone Ashton made his appearance at about noon today, April 15th - our tax baby! He weighed 8 lbs. 9 oz. and was 20.5 inches long. Initially they told us he weighed 7 lbs., we were all shocked, I don't make babies that small! It took a few hours for a nurse to realize that the scale was not working correctly and they re weighed him, so we went from thinking he was our smallest baby to being our biggest baby! I'm just glad he arrived 2 weeks early... Labor and delivery were relatively good, this was the first time I actually went into labor and dilated on my own so I was pretty proud of myself! I only had to push through two contractions which was my fastest yet!

He had a little bit of a rough start, as the cord was around his neck two times, he spent a few hours looking completely blue. The above picture shows his color coming back a little bit. So far Zac has been a dream, he is nursing well and sleeping a ton, when he's awake he just looks around. We were pretty surprised when he came out with almost black, wavy hair! Each of our kids now has had totally different hair which is kind of interesting. The first thing Hayden said when he saw him was, "Wow, cool hair, it's black like daddy's!" Hayden and Brynley both seem to love Zac, we were worried about Bryn but she seems excited and they looks forward to taking him home to play!
Brynley meeting Zac for the first time


Brynley kissing her little brother


Hayden being a goofball while meeting Zac


19 comments:

Meredith said...

He is so sweet!!! I am so glad we could all be with you last night.

jacque said...

So glad he is here! That is scary about the cord around his neck. You guys all look so happy! He seems to look alot like Hayden--can you tell?

Maddy said...

Congrats! I can't wait to hold him. Dustin went into the office, so maybe I can pop in after he gets home for the day!

Kristen Lewis Jorgensen said...

YAY! Congratulations Molly & Andy! I hope you are all doing well! His name is a fantastic name--I really like it!

Alison + Brandon said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful. We'll be in Oregon this summer again, and we're totally excited to see you guys at the reunion.

Lori said...

Wonderful news! Can't wait to see ALL of you guys!

Alison said...

He is so dang all cute! I love the picture of the three kids together!! What beautiful children! Congratulation and job well done... you guys sure make great looking kids.

Sarah said...

Congratulations!!! He is adorable and I'm so glad to hear that everything went well. Hayden and Brynley look so cute with him- they are going to be great older siblings. Take it easy and keep us updated with more pictures!!!

The Evans Family said...

Yeah Molly! His is so cute! He looks like a McGuire to me. I love his name. Good job and congratulations to all of you.

Brittney said...

Hi is so cute! Congratulations!

Erin said...

Yay Andy and Molly! Congrats! I can't believe you guys have 3 kids!!! It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that we were visiting you in the hospital after Hayden was born. Where does the time go?!
You guys look so great and so happy. We miss you!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! What a cutie!

Laurel said...

He is just beautiful. Congratulations, and I am so glad that the delivery was fast. That is so nice... Beautiful babies you guys have there.

Rickie said...

Molly, he is so cute! You have such a cute family. I didn't even think about the tax baby thing. Thanks for sharing the story w/ all of us and posting the cute pictures so we could see him. Technology is so amazing. I think that is crazy that all three have had different hair colors, the gene pools these days. You never know, I guess. By, the way, I think he has the cooolest name ever.

Jen B said...

You Did IT! He's an adorable little guy! Can I do anything to help out? Please let me know!
So happy for you!

Jen B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Again, I would like to tell you how happy I am that he is here safe! And I love ya! Andy you are lookin great !
Wen.

...April* said...

What an adorable little guy!! Your family is growing so fast its crazy! I remember when Hayden was born. You guys look great and happy. I wish your mom could have been there, but she sees you. Call me sometime, I love and miss you! Oh! And next time you're up in St George, let me know we'll come too! :)

Clemstock said...

Oh, ah, oh, ah, he is so cute. I really like the pics of Andy and the kids and Molly and the kids. You guys are so tan. Guess that's what happens when you are in warm weather. The baby is really cute!!!