Monday, January 10, 2011

It's been too long...

I have missed blogging, I have missed looking back on blog posts. I have one new year's resolution this year - to blog more! It is for me and my posterity after all so I better have something to show them right? And so the posting begins today - with Mia's blessing last September! Yes, I am behind but excited to catch up!

Labor Day Weekend 2010
Mia Bella Ashton was blessed

Mia - 7 weeks old


We were thrilled to have Grandma Nadene here from Oregon, as well as Andy's parents and brother, Chris, from Utah. Brynley made a special request that Uncle Chris come - we were so glad he decided to make the trip, it was fun to have them all here!

Mia with her Great Grandma Nadene - my kids are so lucky to have such a great relationship with their Great Grandma!

With the Ashton's

We spent most of the weekend in the pool, eating, going to movies, and watching football. It was a fantastically relaxing weekend, I couldn't have asked for anything more. Of course I don't have any pictures from the rest of the weekend, oh well!

Siblings by chance - Friends by choice

Andy gave Mia a beautiful blessing - though I couldn't really hear it due to the microphone being about 5 feet from him - grr, oh well. She was perfect during the blessing and slept most of the time during the dinner afterward at our house. In addition to the out of town company, Meredith and her family were there as well as our friends the Bernigers. We were grateful to be surrounded by so many people we love.

Mia was quite taken with Uncle Chris - it took him a minute to figure out how to hold her!

The whole gang!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Mia has grown so much! I love your family picture by the Christmas Tree :)

The Evans Family said...

Welcome back Molly! Mia looked beautiful on her blessing day. I'm so glad we were able to meet her at Kristin's. I love the new header, you guys look great!