Thursday, March 11, 2010

A conversation with Hayden...


Last night while making dinner, Hayden says to my Aunt - "I have a photographic memory you know."
I freak out a little and ask, "Who told you that? Did Dad tell you that?" He responded with "No."
"Did you hear Dad and I talking about that?" He responds "No."
"What is a photographic memory Hayden?" He answers, "It's when you see something or read something once and then you can always remember it and it stays in your brain like a camera."
I bit later when it was just he and I, I wanted to investigate a little further so I asked him again.
"Hayden did someone tell you that you have a photographic memory?"
This was his response: "No Mom, I'm just reading a book about a child detective named Cam Jansen, but her real name isn't cam, it's Jenny. People call her Cam because she is like a human camera accept there is no film in her brain, just her memory. And so I was thinking that my brain is somewhat like Cam's brain because I can remember everything."
"Oh, yep, I suppose you're right!"
I worry a little about him going around telling people he is super smart with a photographic memory - you know, those were the kids who got made fun of growing up! But, we have known for a very long time that he has a great memory - for instance, he can look at his spelling words one time and always get 100% on his spelling tests. The only time he missed any was when he forgot to write two of the words down because he wasn't paying attention! I pray every day that his talents will lead him to do great things... you just never know...

6 comments:

Kendra said...

Love your boy!! He is something special and he WILL do great things!!

Jennie said...

What a great kid!! I wish I had a memory like his :) So does Adam during the week studying spelling words. At least he doesn't want to make dinosaurs alive!! The kids are giving Adam a really hard time about that one.

hendywow said...

First of all.. Hayden is a darling boy...Second, instead of getting him teased let's get him on Ellen. He can memorize some facts about cars,( I know that's his fav..) and then he can appear as a "child car expert".. He would be so cool, and then she'd give some rad car toy's!!!!Yeah let's work it!

Conrad, Michelle, Bronwen, Ava and Cate said...

Molly, he is smart like his mama. ;-) I love it! BTW, the camera is a Cannon RebelT1i -and the manual is awesome and easy to read haha!

Maddy said...

Remember when Hayden would read the names of stores off of receipts? You always knew he had an amazing memory!

Meredith said...

Yup - that's Hayden!!